2/22/07

Weighty Matters

If the freshman 15 happen all over again in the form of the 1L 15, I better get a head start. My freshman 15 was more like the undergrad 40. Of course, I don't really have to lose all of that as I was pretty slim in HS. I had a pretty major lifestyle change going to college. I went from being a competitive swimmer with a mom to cook for me to a lump-on-a-log engineering/language student who never left her room when it was less than 60F outside (9 months of the year in AK). Still, working out has always lowered my stress levels and now that the sun is coming back the concept of salad as food for mammals other than rabbits is becoming more palatable, perhaps a healthier lifestyle will be more manageable. If I am going to be entering one of the most stressful periods of my life this fall or even next fall, I want to do it being the healthiest I can.

Unfortunately for me, I am a night person. Always have been, always will be. The idea of waking up early to exercise is just not going to happen. The last time I did that was back in the day when I thought ROTC was a good idea. But, by the time I get home at night all I want to do is eat dinner and go to bed as there is no sunlight. Now that the light is coming back, perhaps I'll have better luck with the post work exercise plan. Maybe once the snow melts in May I'll buy a bike! Wish me luck.