8/24/07

Touche to the Tushy


I'm sore, I'm bruised and I haven't felt better in a long time. Last night hubby and I finally dug out our fencing gear after a long year of laziness and hauled ourselves down to the local fencing salle. Off and on since senior year of high-school I've fenced. When I met hubby I made him take ballroom dance and fencing, he made me take Aikido. He can still jump over 4 people and roll to a perfect fighting stance while I dropped Aikido after a few weeks, neither of us can dance very well, but we can both fence decently. I rediscovered a lot of muscles that I forgot that I had and realized that I need to retrain my reflexes or get used to bruises, but it was a blast. Some couples have marriage counseling, we have fencing. You aren't supposed to talk when fencing according to the ettiquette, but a lot get's communicated anyway through grunts yells, exhulted screams, etc. I would highly recommend it for both exercise and a way to relieve stress. We'll definitely have to keep this up this year. Although, people at work think hubby beats me now because I've begun showing up with mysterious bruises on my arms. Oh well.
Why Fence?
Fencing is a fun sociable alternative to the gym.
Energetic all over body work out.
New fencers are always very welcome.
Compete as an individual fencer or in a team.
Innovative sport with three exciting disciplines.
No experience necessary to get started.
Great stress buster.
*From Salle Paul Website