4/5/07

Amazon Words

Amazon.com knows way too much about me. I looked recently and discovered that I have bought over 200 items from them. Their advertisements and recommendations are sometimes scary in how accurate they are. Today I went to their recommendations page, trying to find something to round out my current order to just over $25.00 to get free shipping. They have introduced Amazon Words since the last time I was there. Here are the words that Amazon thinks characterize things I'd be interested in.

The Comics & Graphic Novels must come from shopping for hubby. I don't know what Fonda, Henry or Polyglot are about. Come to think of it I don't even know what Polyglot means. Apparently pol·y·glot is:
1. able to speak or write several languages; multilingual.
2. containing, composed of, or written in several languages: a polyglot Bible. –noun
3. a mixture or confusion of languages.
4. a person who speaks, writes, or reads a number of languages.
5. a book, esp. a Bible, containing the same text in several languages.

Well, I guess it's appropriate after all. I have bought Russian, Latin, and French study materials off of their website and probably will continue to do so. So, what are your Amazon words? Or does it not know you as well because you shop at actual stores.