Week 4 To Do List:
Deep Treatment (Living Room):
- Clean up living room and related closets.
- Repairs are being taken care of this week.
- Declutter books and all media.
- Cancel 75 percent of the catalogs you receive. - Catalog Choice let's you unsubscribe en masse.
- Empty outbox this week. - Freecycle is so much more convenient than driving to the Salvation Army.
- Confirm what you need to increase or decrease color in each room.
- Identify what you need to increase or decrease softness in each room.
- Cook three meals at home this week.
- Send out your invitations to your post Cure Party.
- Begin shopping list and enter all prices into a spreadsheet. - We're trying to do everything ourselves without buying too much new. Hubby has asked for a circular saw so he can make me a bench himself and spend less than the $249+shipping that the bench I want costs. His hope is to use it on enough projects versus buying new items to ultimately justify its cost.
- Decide on the total scope of work to be done. - Breaking the room into 3 seperate areas: landing strip, laundry and workout spaces.
- Consider hiring a professional organizer. - Nope.
- Visit a paint store this week to find samples. - Sherwin Williams thought it would be cheaper to give me a fan deck than to keep giving me paint sample strips.
Deep Treatment (Office):
- Take care of repairs this week. - Closet doors fixed.
- Clean office area and related closets.
- Vacuum, dust and mop throughout.
- Declutter files.
- Tackle the cord octopus.
- Try a one-day media fast.
- Buy fresh flowers.
- Choose at least one hard or soft thing to add or subtract.
- Cook three meals at home this week. - Chicken Parmesan, Zucchini Strand Spaghetti, and Pizza, it's been a very Italian week.
- Go to bed early and read before sleep. - It's like an extra weekend day.
- (Optional) Look into wireless technology. - We're totally set up wirelessly with our router. I would like to also get our printer setup to wirelessly print from our laptops, but that would cost money that isn't in the budget right now.
- Order from your shopping list. - We hit up Lowesfor coat hooks and to look at counters and organization for the laundry area, we'll try and make the rest ourselves.
- Try paint samples in the room and finalize paint choices. - Choosing the right shade of green which was both energetic for exercise and calming at the same time was hard. I'm still not sure that what we have is right. From time to time it looks like mint chocolate chip ice-cream instead of zen green, but maybe after the room is finished we'll feel differently.