1/29/08

Politics is More Interesting When You Play With Money

I'm very pleased that McCain won in Florida. Not only because I like him as a candidate, especially considering the alternatives, but because I'm playing CNN's Political Market. They give you $5,000 fake dollars to use to buy shares in various race outcomes. The term "market" is used because people express their opinions of what they think is going to happen by buying and selling stocks representing possible answers. A share which costs $10.00 means that most people predict the chance of that event happening is 10%. I bought shares of McCain at 45% and after tonight they are worth 100% so I made $55.00/share. Yay, my fake money is increasing. I must learn to separate what I want to happen and what most people think will happen though. I bought shares in O'Bama and they're worth $0 now. Oh well.